- 2 tbl sp. Squirrelly Beaver Andouille Seasoning
- Dry several cod fillets by damping lightly with paper towels. You want your fillets preferably around 3-4 oz each to ensure even cooking.
- Mix up a tempura batter using a ratio of 2 tablespoons of Andouille seasoning per pint of tempura batter. Heat enough frying oil to fully submerge the fillets. Frying oil should be heated to 350 degrees.
- In two seperate bowls get your tempura batter and some all purpose flour ready for battering the fish. While using tongs dredge each cod fillet one at a time into the tempura batter and coating throughly. Directly after the flour dip the cod fillet into the tempura again coating throughly. Allow excess batter to fall off before very carefully submerging the fish into the fryer oil.
- Fry for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and begins to slightly float. Remove carefully from oil and place paper towels to drain extra grease. Serve with a lemon wedge and tartar sauce.